Ads are the most disturbing stuff that spoils your good mood during internet surfing. For solution, here is the detailed process on how to disable, enable default ad blocker on chrome. Pop-ups interrupt the browsing experience at every turn. Advertising is only getting more pervasive, obnoxious, and intrusive. Simply we can say that ads/pop-ups are the worst nightmares in your surfing. I guess even the person who invents the pops-up thinks they are a nuisance. Creepy remarketing stalks you with the same display ad everywhere you go.
You’re trying to read some articles, and something appears on the page. It’s probably asking you to subscribe to a newsletter or buy a subscription. If it’s a decent pop-up, you then spend a few seconds trying to find the tiny little x so you can close it. And in such conditions, you can hardly read an article or surf without having to scroll past a dozen ads, and bypassing such difficulties if you accidentally click one of those ads you have to see nuisance ads.
Therefore, to block/prevent those ads, pop-ups Google has launched an ad-blocker for its Chrome web browser. Here, today I am going to teach you how to enable/disable that ad-blocker in simple and easy steps.
So, let’s begin.
If you are using a computer or laptop:(for windows 8/9/10)
Enabling/Disabling ad-blocker on Chrome
- Obviously, to use ad-blocker you must open Google Chrome.
- To open Google Chrome, Right-click on the Chrome icon shown on the desktop.
- After that, open a new tab.
- Now, in the address bar, click the green padlock or info button.
- Next, click Site Settings.
- Check for ads. You can see the icon or see ads in written form when you scroll down
- Click the drop-down menu.
- Here you can see two options allow and block.
- Check if the ad-block is blocked by default or not.
- If it is blocked by default, then don’t worry your ad-blocker is enabled by default.
It is not advisable to disable the ad blocker unless it is necessary.
- And if you need to disable the ad-blocker follow the above steps and click on allow instead of block.
There you go, you know how to enable/disable the ad-blocker. Now it is easy-pizy for you.
Note: The only drawback of the ad blocker in Chrome is that you cannot disable it entirely. The ads can be disabled or enabled on a per-site basis by accessing the Chrome ad blocker settings.
Now you know how to turn on or off the ad-block in a computer/laptop. But it’s different in android.
let me teach you how it’s done.
If you are using an android phone:
Enable Disable Ad Blocker on Chrome
- First, open your Google Chrome.
- Then open a new tab. There you can see the address bar on the top right side of the tab/phone.
- Then tap on More Setting.
- Now click on Pop-ups and redirects.
- If you want to block ads click on Pop-up and redirect on.
- But if you want to disable Pop-ups then redirect off.
But not all Pop-ups are this humane. There are pop-ups with no x, pop-ups that hijack the entire screen, pop-ups whose only remedy is to completely close the tab or even the entire window and start again.